Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Beginning

If we're going to talk about novel concepts, I suppose the most novel is in fact the beginning, so I picked a good title for this blog's first entry. Every story has a beginning, although as I was reminded by a quote, from author Cornelia Funke's Inkspellthat I read earlier tonight, the beginning isn't always the first page of the book, or in this case the first post on the blog. The idea for Novel Concepts didn't just happen; I've been determined to start a book blog several times, this will be my 4th try, the previous 3 were all under the same name and were envisioned as something more serious, and that stifled me. As you'll learn, I'm not a serious or formal person, I need some whimsy, randomness and fun to keep me interested, that's what Novel Concepts represents to me. I love the play on words within the name and it gives me the freedom to talk about whatever I want in relation to reading and writing; so that's really where Novel Concepts began, and now that beginning has been chronicled with this first page if you will.

I hope you'll consider joining me on this adventure of reading and writing. This is the first page, and it won't be the last.

-- Ren

2 comments: