Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Goodreads Tag #goodreadstag @goodreads

My best friend Angie told me that she was recording a video and that it was for something that I should include on my blog, so of course I asked what it was, and I was promptly linked to Sarah at A Little Bit of Literature's The Goodreads Tag post which is of course right up my alley. 


1. What was the last book you marked as 'read'?


Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes so that I could write a review of it for Parajunkee's View, where I am the new e-Book Reviewer. My review goes live early next week and I will be linking to it here when it does :)


2. What are you currently reading?

I have a couple of e-Books, and one print on the go that I started awhile back and that have been sitting stagnant because I got distracted by other books. I'll get them all finished at some point. The book that is currently my active book is probably J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy which has been sitting on my to-be-read shelf since it came out, I figured now was a good time to actually pick it up and start it, so I picked it up the other day and I've read the first few chapters. 


3. What was the last book you marked as 'TBR'?

I have a huge TBR list, both virtual and physical, and I am constantly adding to it. The most recent book added to my virtual TBR list on Goodreads is A.G. Howard's Ensnared which is the 3rd book in her Alice in Wonderland adaptation series and will come out in 2015. The book most recently added to my physical TBR shelf is Bedlam's Bard by Mercedes Lackey which I borrowed from a friend after asking her which Mercedes Lackey book I should start with if I wanted to get into her stuff.

4. What book do you plan to read next?

I try not to pick books ahead of time because usually when I do this I end up feeling forced to read that book even if it's not at all what I am in the mood for. So I let my mood dictate what I am going to read next, which is probably why my TBR list is so long but oh well. That all being said the next book I know for sure I will be reading is the next book I'll be reviewing for Parajunkee's View, and it will be one of:  The Queen of Swords, The Casquette Girls or Gift of the Phoenix

5. Do you use the star rating system?

Short answer yes. Long answer, my way of setting a rating doesn't have any fast or hard rules, it's very fluid. There are different reasons I could give a book a 5 star rating, for example all the Harry Potter books get 5 stars because I love absolutely everything about them, but I also rated TFIOS at 5 stars, am I as obsessed with it as HP? No. But it wrecked me emotionally so it deserved 5 stars. And then there's the low end of the scale where even if I absolutely laughed my self silly enjoying the book if it is badly written it will get no more than 2 stars.

6. Are you doing a 2014 Reading Challenge?

Yes I am! two! I am doing the Goodreads 2014 Reading Challenge, my goal is 52 I am already at 12. I am also doing the Random House Reading Bingo cards, I know you only need to get a line to win but I am so totally aiming to fill the entire card for both adult and YA.

7. Do you have a wishlist?

I have multiple wishlists. Seriously. I have the "books I want eventually list" the "books I want ASAP" list and the "if you want to buy me a gift buy me these books" list.


8. What book do you plan to buy next?

Champion by Marie Lu because I need to know how that series ends!! I keep forgetting that it's actually out so I haven't bought it yet! I was going to buy it when I went to the World's Biggest Bookstore last month but I also had Dangerous Women and Rising Red in my hands and we still had a few more hours of walking ahead of us so two heavy hardcovers was enough!

9. Do you have any favourite quotes, would you like to share a few?

Most definitely, I think everyone who reads probably has at least one quote that they love; there's Snape's infamous, "Always." from Deathly Hallows of course, but that's not the only one from Harry Potter, JKR is just a fount of favourite quotes for me. There are also a few C.S. Lewis quotes that I am especially fond of such as: “What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing. It also depends on what sort of person you are". And Douglas Adams, I can't forget him, the man who gave us the beautiful wisdom of "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." and "Don't Panic".

10. Who are your favourite authors?

I have many: J.K. Rowling, Lewis Carroll, Douglas Adams, Patricia C. Wrede, Garth Nix, Eoin Colfer, Kelley Armstrong, C.S. Lewis, and Rick Riodran. 


11. Have you joined any groups?

Yes but I don't actively follow any of them...

12. Are there any questions you would like to add?  

What upcoming 2014 new book are you most looking forward to? My answer would have to be, so far, of the books that I actually remember are coming out this year is A.G Howard's Unhinged which is already sitting on my shelf waiting for me to get around to it.

If you do either a video of blog post of your own please comment with a link! I would love to read your answers!

- Ren

No comments:

Post a Comment